What's the weather like?
We will still be open in October, however reservations are not really needed unless you have a specific site in mind. The online booking site for October reservations has been turned off, but if you want to reserve call us at
Wake up to . . .
fresh air, bird song and waves on the shore. Stroll the cobblestone beach, build a campfire, skip rocks in the harbor and enjoy the the cool lake breeze. Lake Superior's beauty is waiting for you at Grand Marais' municipal campground.
"Picturesque Grand Marais, Minnesota ...#5 of Top 10 Destinations"
Lake Superior Magazine
We have the perfect location for a campground - on a peninsula edged by the Harbor on one side, Lake Superior on the other and easy walking distance to downtown shops and restaurants, and the North House Folk School.
Here's what to expect
- 300 campsites [each with a pincic table and firebox]:
- 161 full-hookup sites with electric, water and sewer;
- 82 water and electric sites;
- 57 primitive campsites with lake views or private wooded sites; and,
- large group tenting campsites
- free use of the RV dump
- 4 clean bath houses with hot showers and flush toilets
- We are pet friendly
- A free WiFi hotspot is available at the office, within a 100ft radius
- a Lakeside Pavilion for picnics and groups
- 2 boat launches
- a fun playground, horshoe pit and softball fields
- Rec Hall with social room and small kitchen
- discounted greens fees at nearby Gunflint Hills Golf Course
- firewood, ice, clothing, camping supplies and RV chemicals available for sale at the park office
- Sweethearts' Bluff Nature Area with all-access Lake Loop Trail
- Gitchi-Gami Bike Trail borders the campground along Highway 61
View Larger Map